Monday 16 April 2007

Vincent, Short Movie by Tim Burton



Vincent is a Short film about a boy named Vincent Malloy who dreams that he is Vincent Price, it is also narrated by the wonderful Vincent Price. Tim Burton has had a large impact on my work ever since I saw The Nightmare before Christmas for the first time. I often find that even my dress sense is affected by his work.

The subject matter can often be misread as dark and scary. However I think he is trying to illustrate misunderstood characters who have quirks. There is allot of humour in Burton's work and I think that's what appeals to me. I have always been interested in dark comedy.




I experimented with drawing myself as a Tim Burton character, the above was my favourite.

1 comment:

scumbelina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.