Monday 30 April 2007

Gilbert and George



I decided to look at artists who's work i don't really like that much. I think the reason I have always been put off by their work was that it comes across as only being made to shock. The nudity doesn't really bother me but at the same i don't really want to see an older man's arsehole, and all the poo is a little off putting. Generally I find the work that uses allot of colour more effective than the black and white work. I think it is just because the colour is more striking.

I like how involved Gilbert and George are in their work. Their bodies are the main focus and their unique partnership. I would like to perhaps involve myself in the my work a little more. I want to concentrated on a little more video work. I've done quite a bit in the past and I enjoy it.

No comments: