Wednesday 9 May 2007

Red Scrim

more photo's on my flicker site. Link at top of page.

I originally planned ou using this red scrim to create a large structure. The Idea was to enclose the viewer and create tension. After a discussion with Paul we decided a performance piece may be more effective. Liked the idea that the plain natural scrim is transformed through me into an unnatural red bundle that resenmbles skinny intestines. I find this even more interesting as red is my signature colour, it is like i am making the scrim more like myself.

I plan to carry out the performance piece on monday. I want to make the area as clean and white looking as I can. I'll sit and paint the scrim for an hour and lovely Sarah has agreed to take a photo every 15 minutes to document it.

steph x

No comments: